Holy moly, the snow, the snow!!
What a hard effort to get out in the morning too!
Here is our truck, and trellis. Can you see how deep the snow is?
It is surely a winter wonderland here in Kamloops, BC. This is the biggest dump of snow we have ever seen since we moved here! The hills here are great for skiing and they are packed. There are skiers and snow bunnies everywhere, all having a blast. Me, I prefer the sunshine and warmth.
2013, The Year of Love?
Our business coach, Beverly Rasmussen makes a new theme for every year. This year, she has decided to make it the Year of Love.
I have to say, I think it is a Great Idea!! What better way to keep us focused on what is really important.
We had to consider, is it more important to be right or happy? Like most couples, Al and I sometimes struggle with decisions and our differing opinions on how to run our business. We found the key points to remember are:
- We love each other and are in for the long haul
- Our union together has a bigger meaning
- There is no need to fight, we like to think of it as dancing.
- As usual, it is very important for us to listen to each others feelings about the issue.
What we look for is acknowledgement in our heated discussions. However, acknowledgement does not mean there is agreement.
Once we are both heard then we can ask:
- How are we going to move forward?
- What is the risk each of us are willing to take?
- What is the impact on our business?
- What is the system that needs to be made or adjusted?
In essence, we like to keep in mind, no matter what is wrong or not working right, it is no one's fault, just the system is broken and needs adjustment.